Nailed it! The bib...

 The Thrifty Rocketeer blog continues...

This will be short and sweet.

The wife decided to hold a yard sale Labor Day weekend, and pulled together all sorts of odds and ends. She got her usual materials together, and I created a sign for out front, some balloons to attract attention, and a dry erase board.

 One of her regular items is a carpenter's nail bib, which she wears around her waist to collect cash, pens, masking tape, etc.

When she ran inside for a bathroom break, she handed it off to me to wear for a few minutes.

I couldn't figure out how to tie it on myself once she had left.  I tried tying a bow behind me, but couldn't make it work. 


When she returned, she asked me why I was struggling.  I told her of my difficulties, and she said there was a simple solution.   Just tie it in front of you as if  you were wearing it backwards!  Then, just pull it around, straightening it to the front!

How simple!

So what does this have to do with rocketry?

Every few months I scan the clearance or marked down portions of my favorite on-line rocket sales site, and always see a few bibs for sale...on clearance... they don't seem to move, cause how often do you need one?  And one lasts for years and years.

They make a great father's day gift...and at a club launch, they are most handy to wear when walking out into the field, or for working at your build table. 

Since they're on clearance, you can always add one to your order to get the total up just enough to get free shipping or a discount.

And, when the annual holiday gift exchange rolls around, they make a great stocking stuffer!

At one time, nail bibs came free from the hardware or lumber yard, emblazoned with their logo and contact info.  But today's versions are either a variation on a cooking apron, or have spacey images on or maybe even Michelangelo's "The David" (if you're risque enough!) 

This has been the Thrifty Rocketeer saying, "Get your bib on... you'll never regret it!" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rites of Passage

Glassine Tubes

The Wilkenson Razor Model