Replacement engine hooks

 The Thrifty Rocketeer blog continues...

You know, I've often wondered why we're allowed to use metal engine hooks under the NAR safety code.

I mean, I know it's not much, but it IS a metal part that is being launched in the rocket configuration.  

(And for that matter, sometimes we add washers...or BB's... or lead shot...as well.  Oh well...)

So, I was skimming a favorite Facebook page of mine, and I came across a link to a brilliant entry that suggests how to improve the quality of your rocket's engine hook.... and where to find replacements.


So, rather than pirate this idea, let me just share it once again and link to the original blog entry.  Enjoy....

Replacement Engine Hooks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of the Line

sleeping with the enemy

Death of a Hobby