There is Another...

 The Thrifty Rocketeer blog continues...

THE B-MOVIE NEWS VAULT: Supercomputers Contemplate Humanity's Fate ...

Many decades ago, there was a nifty science fiction movie that appeared at my local drive in theater when I was a teen.  "Colossus: The Forbin Project" was a great piece of Doomsday/ Cold War speculation that featured the outstanding actor Eric Braeden as Charles Forbin.  The movie was taken from the first of the Colossus trilogy of books, and remains as one of my favorites.

Category: Colossus: The Forbin Project - PHANTOM EMPIRES

The reason why I mention this, is because after the USA converts all of it's defense capabilities to a supercomputer named "Colossus", the very first thing that it does when it is switched on  is state, "THERE IS ANOTHER SYSTEM...."

Colossus: The Forbin Project (1970) - Rotten Tomatoes

The plot doesn't go exactly where Skynet in the Terminator goes, but it is shocking that the computer immediately recognizes that the Soviets have also been building their own version of a super computer. It's not long before the two systems want a link so that they can "talk". Danger ensues.

Colossus: The Forbin Project (1970) : fullmoviesonbitchute

Well, a random google search today reveals to my great surprise that THERE IS ANOTHER THRIFTY ROCKET BLOG....

I immediately thought of the Forbin Project.

I clicked on the link and found that I had turned up another blog titled "A Thrifty Mom"...and that the topic for one entry was Model Rocketry.

Who would have thought it?

And so, not wanting to step on any toes, I share the link to this particular entry, for your amusement and review. I'll reserve my comments until later, but I'm pleased to see someone else, (outside our rocketry community) is attempting to spread the word.

https://athriftymom.com/everything-you-need-to-launch-model-rockets/

Enjoy! And leave your comments below...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of the Line

sleeping with the enemy

Cleaning House